Yeah, we’re all still a little bummed that the NYC Marathon didn’t happen, but we were relived that it was called off. But what about all that sweat, those miles, muscle soreness, etc. that went to waste?? Never fear! Organizers of the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend is offering a limited number of entries to the sold-out St. Jude Memphis Marathon that will be held Saturday, December 1, 2012 to New York City Marathon runners.
10. I grew up in Nashville, just around the way from Memphis. I have to show love to my hood!
8. Memphis BBQ. Enough said.
7. When it comes to local attractions and nightlife, there’s tons to do! There’s Beale Street, the Stax Museum of American Soul Music and the National Civil Rights Museum. Get your party and education on!
6. Did I mention that my cousin is the mayor of Memphis?
5.You may run into Justin Timberlake (Although, be easy. He’s married now.)
4. Memphis is the only five-time winner of the nation’s cleanest city award.
3. Don’t forget to visit midtown. Word is, it’s a pretty hip place to be!
1. Most importantly. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does AMAZING work. The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay.
To apply, runners should email a copy of their New York City Marathon registration confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, there are a limited number of spaces available, so you don’t want to wait around on this one.