The weather lately has been bonkers and just when it gets cold enough for me to make a big pot of soup, the temperature spikes and it’s Spring all over again. But this week it’s been especially chilly so I decided to try out a new recipe I found on Pinterest. I love Orzo and this dish is super easy to make! Hopefully it warms you up on this chilly day! Enjoy!
A few things to note:
Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb spinach, fresh or frozen, defrosted
1 – 15 oz can diced Italian tomatoes (with oregano and basil)
1 lb package orzo pasta
2 quarts chicken or vegetable stock
2 quarts water
1. Preheat a large stock pot.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Add onions and saute until tender.
4. Add garlic and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Add canned tomatoes,
spinach, chicken or vegetable stock and water.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
7. Add orzo cook for 12 – 15 minutes, or until orzo is tender.